spacklefritz

Spackle-the-Fritz on Books

Because really, who doesn't go on a fritz for books?

Heart of Obsidian - Nalini Singh 4.5 star rating

This will be a spoiler-free review.

What can I say about dear Heart of Obsidian, on which I have been waiting for a very long time?

I'll just start off with this, I was not disappointed.

And I have to take a moment to gather my thoughts because really, Heart of Obsidian was amazing and in some ways it reminded me of Kiss of Snow; one of the major difference was that although like the latter, Heart of Obsidian had a lot going on, HoO was more internally focused, the couple being the major focus of the story.

and boy do I love this couple. They reminded me of coming home. Their bond that was formed from before this book, is one that withstands Silence. I really can't say anymore on that term lest I spoil anything, but I absolutely loved this relationship, and I loved how we got so much focus on it.

That being said, this book is also a major game changer, because while we had so much focus on the hero and heroine of this book, Pure Psy also made some critical moves which caused chaos and devastation. This causes a ripple effect, and like KoS I believe we'll see more of its effects in the following book.

Which brings me to why I rated it 4.5 stars. I wasn't ready for it being finished, I need more, not necessarily on the main pairing - although I really do love them. It's more of I felt that there was so much more to be told. Still this is a ongoing series, and the plot cannot be wrapped up with one book.

One thing that I will say though, I am eager for the next book in this series.